Thursday, December 8, 2016

An Unforgettable Trip to Cairo with Intercontinental Cairo Semiramis

When I started planning my trip to Cairo lots of my acquaintances and friends didn't agree with me that Egypt should be on my bucket list. Nevertheless I was persistent and everyone was dazzled and eagerly waiting for a chance to visit this metropolis city after covering it on my social media platforms.
I stayed at the iconic Semiramis Intercontinental Hotel located in the heart of the city centre facing the River Nile and Zamalek Island where you can find a variety of restaurants and shisha cafes with a pleasant promenade. The Egyptian museum and Al Taharir square were a stone's throw away.
Since the moment I entered the hotel, I realized that my trip is gonna be amazing thanks to the luxurious decor, the professional and kind staff, the speed of service and of course the numerous restaurants; each one specialized in a specific cuisine. 
I loved the super fast internet speed that is free of charge and reachable on my room on the 18th floor but what I loved more was my room that overlooked the beautiful Nile River with magnificent enlightened night views. The extra positive point was the small dressing room that made my everyday life/clothes choice easier.
Breakfast was served daily with options ranging from pancakes, eggs, hommos and foul to a variety of cheese, fresh bread and fruits.
The dining options at Semiramis Intercontinental were endless with around 11 restaurants and bars offering Egyptian, Thai, French, Lebanese, Italian, Japanese and International cuisines that won't leave you hesitant of where to eat but confused about what to choose. 
We fell in love with the food at each and every restaurant we tried with no exceptions!
•The Grill serves French food with breathtaking views of the Nile in a romantic ambiance. All the platters were beautifully presented; the steak quality and its marination were impressive and the truffle fries were literally the best we have ever had.
•Birdcage was my coup de coeur. This unique Thai destination offers exotic dishes, authentic, aromatic, prepared by Thai Chef Naron. He excelled in preparing all the dishes; I fell in love with the crispy salad, the shrimp tempura and the curry shrimp. Not to mention that the platters were extraordinarily presented!
•At Pane Vino, a charming restaurant with panoramic Nile views, I tried genuine Italian from pizzas, pastas, and mouthwatering desserts. The four cheese pizza and the gluten free penne arabiata were my favorites. 
•At Sabaya I discovered a unique fusion between the traditional Lebanese food and the Egyptian spices. I was surprised that some Lebanese dishes were prepared even better than in Beirut.
•Finally, at Nile Terrace I enjoyed a cozy relaxing night while listening to live jazz music and drinking some refreshing cocktails.
Below is my itinerary which I highly recommend and that can be done in 3 days. I booked it through a touristic company called Memphis that provided me with a private guide and taxi driver for a reasonable price. 
•Khan El Khalili. 

•The Pyramids. And don't miss on taking a camel for a one of a kind ride.


•Coptic and Islamic Cairo including St Seman church.
•Egyptian Museum.

When I returned home, I was very happy to hear positive comments about my coverage of the hotel, the city and how the food looked delicious unlike the misinterpreted idea people have about Egypt. Cairo should be on your bucket list and make sure to stay at Intercontinental Semiramis to have an unforgettable experience.











No comments:

Post a Comment